- Simple DirectMedia Layer
is a cross-platform
multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio,
keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video
framebuffer. It is used by MPEG playback software, emulators, and many
popular games, including the award winning Linux port of "Civilization:
Call To Power."
SQLite is a small
C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable,
SQL database engine.
- This library allows direct I/O port and physical memory access under
Windows 9x/NT/2000 and XP. Version 2.0 provides faster I/O port access,
better memory mapping support and can be used from non-administrative
accounts under Windows NT/2000 and XP. See www.internals.com for the
- A very fast ftp protocol library.
very efficient library for doing file transfers, supporting many
protocols such as FTP, HTTP, GOPHER, TELNET, and many others. See http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/.
small assembly library of functions which includes Round, ReadClock,
DetectProcessor, InstructionSet, and ProcessorName. See http://www.agner.org/assem/ for
- The dplotlib.dll interface is used in conjunction with DPlotJr, a
graph plotting engine for scientists and engineers. DPLotJr
for use by programmers that want a quick method for displaying
graphical output of their own applications. DPlotJr is free and may be
redistributed to end users. For more info, see DPlot.
- The zlib compression/decompression library, http://www.gzip.org/zlib.
- A perl compatible regular expression library from http://www.pcre.org.
- A windows version of a POSIX style, GNU regular
is an Open Source library project for developers who would like to
support popular graphics image formats like PNG, BMP, JPEG, TIFF and
others as needed by today's multimedia applications. FreeImage is easy
to use, fast, multithreading safe, compatible with all 32-bit versions
The scripting language Tcl/Tk can be embedded within XBLite
Thus, any Tcl script can be run from XBlite. The Tk library can be used
to generate the GUI interface for any XBLite program. This zip package
only includes the barest minimum files/scripts to test embeddding
Tcl/Tk. Download the complete windows binary version for all of the
additional demos and libraries from the Tcl
- This library is an html rendering control and can be used like any
standard windows control. It is free for non-commercial purposes. With
a little effort, a fairly good web-browser could be created with this
is a PDF library which can be used for generating PDF documents as text
and/or graphs. See FastIo
for more info on this very useful library.
- Jeff Glatt has created a very simple DLL which can be used to embed a
web-browser object into a window or control. See his great article at codeguru.com.
contains a function that sends the contents of a file in an e-mail
message using the SMTP protocol. It also supports file attachments.
- The Intel JPG
Library contains functions to load and save JPG images using ijl15.dll.
- NishitaViewLib provides support for loading JPG, JIF, GIF, BMP, DIB,
RLE, TGA, and PCX files and for saving JPG files.
- QCard32.dll provides 40 functions to aid in creating playing card